The Commonwealth Service Desk (CSD) is the first point of contact for all statewide customers who use the Commonwealth of Kentucky's IT infrastructure shared services. The CSD aims to assist you with all of your technology needs.
We are staffed with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) trained and HDICertified Service Desk Analysts who assist with support for services such as enterprise e-mail, local and wide area network connectivity, KY Information Highway (KIH), servers (Windows, Unix, mainframe) and related applications and Internet issues. All requests are tracked and monitored to ensure timely resolution.
- General information about COT services
- Password Resets (Active Directory, Mainframe, Voice Mail, KHRIS, VPN, and others)
- PC hardware troubleshooting
- Support for desktop applications, including Microsoft Office, web browsers, and encryption software
- Assistance with mainframe programs and printers
- Reporting of telephone and network outages
- Intake and tracking of all other support and service requests
Agency approval is required when requesting COT Services. The Agency Contact Listing
provides authorized Human Resource, IT Services, Compliance, and Security Contacts for each agency.
When contacting the CSD provide as much detail as possible about your request including:
- Your name (and Windows userID if applicable),
- Your agency/department name,
- Your telephone number,
- Your physical location (location of issue),
- And a complete description of your request.
Frankfort Area: 502-564-7576
All urgent issues should be reported by telephone.
Send an E-mail with a description of your request in the subject line such as "Trouble with email".
Please Note: E-mails are processed only during business hours. Requests submitted outside business hours will be processed the following business day.
If you are a ky.gov user, you may use our ITSM Self-Service portal at Service Portal - Service Portal (service-now.com)
to view service alerts, report an issue, or check the status of an existing ticket. Just enter your Windows login credentials to access the portal when prompted.
To assist you in utilizing ServiceNow, a short video has been provided. To view the video, click on the appropriate user link below:
Also, COT Self Service Password Reset
can get you back into your locked Windows account quickly and easily without assistance from a Commonwealth Service Desk technician. The service is always available and can be accessed from modern browsers and mobile devices.