COMMONWEALTH OFFICE OF TECHNOLOGY IT CONTRACTING
The Commonwealth Office of Technology (COT), in accordance with KRS 42.726 (statute.aspx (ky.gov)), is responsible for overseeing and assisting Executive Branch agencies with IT procurements and contracts to ensure compliance with COT standards and policies as well as Kentucky
Procurement Laws, Regulations, and Policies - Finance and Administration Cabinet (ky.gov).
COT’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviewing and approving IT software, hardware and services requirements and purchases
- Reviewing and approving Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), Request for Bid (RFB) and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents (templates can be found at
Resources and Support - Finance and Administration Cabinet (ky.gov)
- Serving on RFP evaluation teams
- Negotiating contracts pre and post contract award
- Reviewing and approving contracts prior to execution as well as contract modifications and renewals
- Assisting with contract resolution
- Establishing and managing enterprise contracts
- Sharing best practices and lessons learned
Strategic Procurement Request Process (SPR1)
The SPR1 process is the process in which agencies submit their IT procurement requests for COT review and approval. The process and required forms can be found below.
Helpful Information for SPR1 Submission:
- Contracts that are awarded to more than 1 vendor may require a quote from each awarded vendor. Make sure to attach all quotes to the header of the SPR1.
- Make sure
all required documentation is attached to the header of the SPR1.
- Make sure the SPR1 total is entered and that the total matches the quote/SOW and other supporting documentation.
COT has established enterprise IT contracts that can be used by all state agencies. The contracts are listed on the attached spreadsheet. The contract terms and pricing can be found in eMars.
Printer Exception Requests
All exception requests to the Xerox Managed Print Services contract shall be emailed to Tary Fuller at
firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval.
Enterprise Architecture and Kentucky Information Technology Standards (KITS) Request
For information regarding KITS, please visit:
COT - Enterprise Architecture and Kentucky Information Technology Standards (KITS)
Office of Procurement Services
For information regarding the procurement process, please visit:
Office of Procurement Services - Finance and Administration Cabinet (ky.gov).
Doing Business with the Commonwealth – Vendors’ Site
For vendors who wish to do business with the Commonwealth, please visit:
eProcurement - Finance and Administration Cabinet (ky.gov)
Please contact Stephanie R. Williams, COT Contracting Officer,
with any questions regarding COT IT Contracting